The award winning children's author of the Ilyas and Duck series, Omar Khawaja will be coming to IAR to hold an interactive story and activity time for kids ages 3-12 and to share with the community information about his 5000 libraries campaign. Bring the whole family for an evening of fun on Saturday May 30th. 6:30 PM at the IAR Musallah. Br. Omar will be available afterwards for book signing.More information
The Youth Committee of IAR will be hosting a special dinner with Shaikh Yasir Qadhi on Saturday June 13th at McKimmon Center entitled Beacons of Hope: Investing in The Next Generation of Our Ummah. Reserve your seats at www.myctriangle.com. For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 376-6910.
The IAR Muslim Youth Coalition will be having its second Ramadan Rush Program (Day Camp) from Monday, June 22, 2015 until Thursday, July 16, 2015, inn shaa'a Allah. The program will be Monday - Thursday, 12:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., and will include Islamic education, sports, hands-on activities, iftars, and more, inn shaa'a Allah.More information and sign-up form
The Social & Welfare Committee of IAR is requesting and seeking community members to sign up for its support group SWSG.Details
There will be a free Qur'an reading class starting May 20th, 2015 at the IAR for adults, new Muslims, and anyone interested in reading the Qur'an
The Constitution & Bylaws of the Islamic Association of Raleigh was adopted in 1989 and it has served us very well over the past many years. To ensure its continued effectiveness in the future IAR Shura has formed an ad-hoc committee to review this important document and recommend necessary changes. The approval of the proposed changes would require approvals by the Shura, Board of Directors and the General Body.
To kickoff the review and proposal process, the ad-hoc committee is inviting community members to provide their input. Community input will help the Committee to prepare recommendation for the proposed changes in Constitution & Bylaws. Please use links below to review existing document and submitting changes.
Submit your feedback: Feedback form
On April, 25, the small and impoverished country of Nepal was struck by a devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquake. By current estimates 7,500 people have died, 14,500 are critically injured, and those numbers keep rising as more bodies are found. Families have been torn apart as parents lose their children and children become orphaned. Homes and places of worship have been destroyed, and people have limited access to water, shelter and other basic life necessities.
The people of Nepal need our help. On Saturday May 23, 2015, Panther Creek MSA will be hosting a Charity Dinner sponsored by the IAR Social and Welfare Committee from 6:30-10:00PM in the Multipurpose Hall. Cost is $10 per person or $40 for family. All of the money collected before and during the Dinner will go to Nepal disaster relief through Islamic Relief, USA.Event flyer
The Imam selection committee is continuing to accept and review Imam candidates. After identifying two candidates who met all the criteria, passed the interview process and also visited the community we made an offer to one of them. Unfortunately after negotiations the offer was not accepted. Since January we have received more than twenty new applicants and conducted live video interviews with three of them. In all we have reviewed 70 applications, of these 52 did not meet our criteria. Of the remaining group of 18 we conducted 13 Skype interviews.The majority of the applicants do not have work authorization in the US and are filtered out because of this requirement. At this time there are no outstanding candidates we are planning to invite to the community.
Base Selection Criteria:
Thorough understanding of issues that Muslims are facing in the United States
Formally educated in Fiqh or recognized as a Fiqh scholar by the Fiqh Committee of ISNA
Authorized to work in the US (except in exceptional cases)
Demonstrated leadership ability
The Social & Welfare Committee will be utilizing the Multipurpose Hall (MPH) for the entire month of Ramadan to offer Daily Iftar to the needy, travelers, singles and others in the Community. However, all Sundays in Ramadan are kept open where the MPH will not be used for IAR Daily Iftar and instead will be made available on a first-come-first-serve basis to community members wishing to conduct their personal Iftar at IAR.Details for making a reservation
The cemetery committee is looking for a full-time Funeral Coordinator.Job duties:
- Handle all incoming phone calls, and guide families throughout the process.
- Receive the body and secure it until time of preparation.
- Keep and file all paperwork.
- Prepare and purchase all necessary supplies and materials needed, such as Kafen.
- Keep up with wood inventory for the graves.
- Check on the graveyard few times a week.
- Arrange for all maintenance.
- Order grave markers and securely place them on the graves.
- Plan for restroom construction at the graveyard.
- Plan for lot cleaning and expansion for new phases.
- Additional responsibilities that come along with this job.
- Good command of English
- Willingness to complete funeral director's courses
Interested candidates please submit an application with your resume to email@example.com Only applications through email will be considered.
The management committee is seeking funds for urgent maintenance and renovation projects. We are asking for your generous donations to be able to provide the community with superior service and maintain an excellent, aesthetically appealing organization.
Donate online now (new users will have to create an account)
- A degree in Islamic Studies or related Sharia area from an accredited university
- Excellent Qur'anic recitation skills and strong memorized command of a significant portion of the Qur'an
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Adequate knowledge of Fiqh to teach and counsel the community on matters of Fiqh in the four main schools of thought
- Adequate knowledge of the Seerah of the Prophet (PBUH)
- Fluent in English - spoken and written
- A strong understanding of Islamic etiquettes, manners, and appropriate behavior
- A complete understanding of challenges and hardships Muslim youth face in the US
- US work authorization
Salary is commensurate with qualification and experience. To apply please submit your resume along with references and recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a more detailed job description please see raleighmasjid.org/imamposition
Learn About Islam
Stay Up To Date
Articles & Speeches
- Admin email@example.com
919-834-9572 x 3
Office hours: Mon & Wed - Fri: 12 PM - 4 PM
& Sun 12 PM - 5 PM
- Acting Imam
919-834-9572 x 4
919-834-9572 x 330
919-834-9572 x 1333
- Social & Welfare
919-834-9572 x 1338
- Youth Director Aatif Abdul-Qadeer
- Cemetery 919-333-2600, 919 649-7126, 919 321-6432
- Al Maidah Kitchen 919-835-0603
- Education 919-834-9572 x 1341
- Finance/Fundraising 919-834-9572 x 1344
- IAR Library 919-834-9572 x 1327
- Media Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer times on your phone: http://www.raleighmasjid.org/m
Friday Prayer Schedule
First Shift:12:00 - 12:35
Second Shift:1:35 - 2:10
Third Shift:3:30 - 4:00