The Outreach Committee at the Islamic Center of Raleigh will be holding its annual Open House on Saturday March 14th between 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. It is called "Welcome to my Mosque" and presents an excellent opportunity for our friends and neighbors from other faiths to know about Islam. If you are interested in knowing about Islam and have any questions regarding it, please make sure you are there.
The MYC of the IAR & ICM will be holding their annual skiing and snowboarding trip this year on Saturday, March 7th. Costs are $65 per individual with family discounts available. Payment deadline is Saturday, February 28th. Please see the MYC Website for further details.
In honor of our heroes
learn their lives, liberate their dreams
And in Support of their Alma Mater, Al-Iman School
14th Annual Al-Iman Fundraising Dinner
Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Place: NCSU, McKimmon Center, 1101 Gorman St, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695
Presenting: Imam Hasan Khalil & Family Members of our Heroes
Contact Br. Maher Al-Hertani or Al-Iman School to purchase tickets $30.00/person
Free fun-filled activities & childcare available at Al-Iman School, Red Brick Building, starting at 3:30 PM
With deep sorrow and profound sadness, the North Carolina Triangle Muslim Community mourns the loss of three young American Muslims: newlywed couple Deah Barakat, 23, and his wife Yusor Abu-Salha, 20, along with her sister Razan Abu-Salha, 19. The couple was wed just over a month ago.
These three young people were exemplary members of the community, contributing to various humanitarian causes, including helping provide free dental services to homeless people in the Triangle area, and working with international refugees.
Our community is reeling from the loss of these three outstanding youth who positively impacted the lives of those around them. We are in a state of grief and shock. We are thankful and appreciative of the outpouring of support from around the world.
We call upon the global community to remember and follow Deah, Yusor and Razan's legacy of peace, service and caring. Please continue to keep the Barakat and Abu-Salha families in your thoughts and prayers.
This press release is a result of coordination and work of the following organizations:
- Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR)
- Apex Mosque
- Masjid Ibad Ar-Rahman of Durham
- Muslim American Society (MAS)
- Muslim American Public Affairs Council (MAPAC)
- Islamic Association of Cary
- Islamic Center of Morrisville (ICM)
- United Muslim Relief
More information on offering condolences will be posted on raleighmasjid.org
For additional information please contact Mr. Mohamed ElGamal at: (910) 290-5100 or (919) 834-9572 ext 1349
In The Name of Allah, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy.
We all mourn the loss our three bright stars: Deah Barakat, Yusor Mohammad Abu Salha, and her sister Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha. The Muslim community is deeply and profoundly saddened by this tragedy. The families asks for calm, patience and restraint, and your prayers. To God do WE all belong, and to God WE will all return. As Deah's brother so wisely stated, they are "our three winners." They have been reunited with their Lord, and we pray they all enter paradise with His choicest blessings. We all pray that Allah grant these two special and dear families: the Barakat's and the Abu-Salha's, beautiful patience in these very trying times. Check website for funeral arrangements in the coming day(s). May Allah shower his love and mercy on everyone. Ameen.
Al-Iman school committee is seeking applications from volunteers to serve as members on the School committee. The term for the school committee is 3 years.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2015
Online applications will be available for new applicants for the 2015-16 school year no later than February 1, 2015 at www.ncseaa.edu/OSG.htm.The priority deadline is March 1, 2015.
Current Opportunity Scholarship recipients with eligible applications who renew by March 1 will be guaranteed an Opportunity Scholarship.
All new applicants who apply by March 1 will be entered in a lottery and have an equal chance of being selected for an Opportunity Scholarship.
Any renewal applicants who do not apply by March 1 will not be guaranteed to receive an Opportunity Scholarshiphttp://www.ncseaa.edu/pdf/OPS_Overview.pdf
A part-time position exists to conduct administrative work for the Social & Welfare Committee (SW-C) at IAR. The incumbent will provide administrative support for various SW-C programs including but not limited to Financial Aid, Food Pantry, Refugee Support, Daily Iftar and Fundraisings. The position requires 15-20 hours per week including some weekend and evening hours and reports to Chairperson of the SW-C.
Salary: $10 per hour (Under Review)Qualifications Required
- College Graduate (BA/BS)
- Computer Skills (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, Data Entry and Maintenance of Databases, Adobe Acrobat)
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Good command of the English language
- Ability to communicate fluently in Arabic language is highly desirable
- Knowledge of any additional languages is a plus
- Team Player with good interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
Interested candidates please submit application with letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is March 8, 2015.
As we continue our search for a full time Imam the committee in conjunction with the IAR Shura has decided to put in place an Acting Imam to fulfill the ongoing needs of the community. Please see the special announcement for details. We have identified a potential candidate who has been selected by the team and we are moving him along the process. However, we will continue to receive and process resumes until the role is filled. To date we have received 49 applications, of these 35 did not meet our criteria. Of the remaining group of 14 we conducted 10 Skype interviews.Base Selection Criteria:
- Thorough understanding of issues that Muslims are facing in the United States
- Formally educated in Fiqh or recognized as a Fiqh scholar by the Fiqh Committee of ISNA
- Authorized to work in the US (except in exceptional cases)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
Social & Welfare Committee is seeking Male volunteers for the Food Pantry and the Refugee Program. The lower age limit to become a Volunteer with SW-C is 15 years or attending high school if not reached 15th birthday. Please complete and e-mail the Volunteer Sign-up form to Sr. Hind Malik at email@example.com or drop in SW&C dropbox located at IAR main lobby.
- A degree in Islamic Studies or related Sharia area from an accredited university
- Excellent Qur'anic recitation skills and strong memorized command of a significant portion of the Qur'an
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Adequate knowledge of Fiqh to teach and counsel the community on matters of Fiqh in the four main schools of thought
- Adequate knowledge of the Seerah of the Prophet (PBUH)
- Fluent in English - spoken and written
- A strong understanding of Islamic etiquettes, manners, and appropriate behavior
- A complete understanding of challenges and hardships Muslim youth face in the US
- US work authorization
Salary is commensurate with qualification and experience. To apply please submit your resume along with references and recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a more detailed job description please see raleighmasjid.org/imamposition
Learn About Islam
Stay Up To Date
Articles & Speeches
- Admin email@example.com
919-834-9572 x 3
Office hours: Mon & Wed - Fri: 12 PM - 4 PM
& Sun 12 PM - 5 PM
- Acting Imam
919-834-9572 x 4
919-834-9572 x 330
919-834-9572 x 1333
- Social & Welfare
919-834-9572 x 1338
- Youth Director Aatif Abdul-Qadeer
- Cemetery 919-333-2600, 919 649-7126, 919 321-6432
- Al Maidah Kitchen 919-835-0603
- Education 919-834-9572 x 1341
- Finance/Fundraising 919-834-9572 x 1344
- IAR Library 919-834-9572 x 1327
- Media Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer times on your phone: http://www.raleighmasjid.org/m
Friday Prayer Schedule
First Shift:12:00 - 12:35
Second Shift:1:35 - 2:10
Third Shift:3:30 - 4:00
ICM First Shift:1:10 - 1:40
ICM Second Shift:2:10 - 2:40
ICM Third Shift:3:30 - 4:00